Paraprofessional License Requirements:

*Must be at least 19 years of age and show proof of one of the following:

Associate's Degree or higher; or

60 semester hours of coursework*; or

High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS ParaPro Test; or

High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Work Keys Test:

Applied Mathematics/Applied Math - 4

Reading for Information/Workplace Documents - 4

which shall not include any remedial or developmental coursework that the applicant has taken

How to Set Up Testing:

To set up the ACT Work Keys Test:

Call Danville Community College for testing times 217-443-8708

To set up the ETS ParaPro Test: 

Can only be taken through school districts that are approved to give the test

Application Process for Educator License with Stipulations - Paraprofessional - ELS (Para)

1. Individuals applying for an Educator License with Stipulations - ELS (Para) - must use ELIS on the Illinois State Board of Education website, www.isbe.net. At the top of the page, click on "System Quick Links" and then "ELIS: Educator Licensure Information System." In the Educator Access box, click on "Log in to your ELIS account." On the next page, on the left-hand side, click on "Click Here For First Time Access To The ELIS System." 

2. Official, sealed transcripts may be mailed to the Champaign-Ford Regional Office of Education at 3358 Big Pine Trail, Champaign, IL 61822, or the university may e-mail transcripts to Jennifer Diercks - jdiercks@roe9.org


High School Diploma or GED and Test scores will need to be entered into your ELIS account. This can be completed by bringing them into the Champaign-Ford Regional Office of Education at 3358 Big Pine Trail, Champaign, IL 61822

Transcripts, High School Diploma or GED and Test Scores can also be mailed to the Illinois State Board of Education, 100 N. First St., S-306, Springfield, IL 62777-001. 

*Please Note* If your name on transcripts or high school diploma is different from your current name, please send Jennifer Diercks an email that lists your maiden and married names, along with your IEIN Number. This makes it easier to match up the documents with the correct ELIS account. 

3. Once your documents have been added to your account, Log into your ELIS account on the ISBE website, www.isbe.net. Refer to step 1 for Login information. On your Homepage, under your Action Center box, click on “Apply for a Paraprofessional Endorsement.” Continue the wizard. You will pay a $100 application fee, plus a service charge with a credit or debit card. *If you need help, please refer to the video How to Apply for a Paraprofessional License

4. Once the Educator License with Stipulations - ELS (Para)- is issued, You will need to log back in to your ELIS account to register the license. Registration is $5 per year. The registration fee is $25/$30, plus a service charge. Make sure to register your license in Region 09.