Retired Teacher Information
1. Log in to your ELIS account at isbe.net.
2. On the right hand side of your credential page, click under the yellow box, to Update your PD/Employment Status. For the semesters you have been retired, use the drop down box to select Retired (see option "d" at the bottom of the page).
3. You will need to Update your PD for the years that you have taught.
4. Note your renewal date for your Professional Educator License (PEL). You will need to log back in to your ELIS account to renew your license by the renewal date.
5. When it is time to renew your license, you will not be charged a fee to renew as long as you do not let your license lapse.