How to Create an ELIS Account:
For the best results, please use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
1. Go to https://www.isbe.net
2. Select 'System Quick Links' at the top center of the screen.
3. In the Drop Down Box under 'System Quick Links', click on ELIS: Educator License Information System.
4. In the Educator Access box, click on Login to your ELIS Account.
5. On the right-hand side of the ELIS Log In Page, click on - Click here for first time access to the ELIS system.
6. On the Account Sign Up Page, enter the required information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth (include 4 digits for the year)
- Social Security Number (without hyphens) or IEIN
- Login Name
- Email Address (it is suggested to use a personal e-mail address, not a work related e-mail address)
- Security Question
- Answer to Security Question
* Please note your Login Name, Password, Security Question and Answer in a secure location. These will be helpful for future ELIS Account Log in attempts*
Select Continue when you have finished entering your information.
7. On the Account Sign Up Confirmation page - read through the information you entered. If everything looks correct, select Submit.
8. On the New User Account Confirmation Page, click on Create My Account.
9. On the next page, click on Continue.
10. You will now successfully be logged in to the Home Page of your Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) account.