1. You will need to log in to your ELIS account on the ISBE website. Click on 'System Quick Links' at the top of the page, and then select ELIS: Educator Licensure Information System. In the Educator Access box, click on 'Login to your ELIS account'. Enter your account information and click Enter.
2. Once you are logged in to your account, find the yellow Profile box toward the top right hand side of your screen. Under that box, you will see 'Click Here to Update your PD/Employment Status'. When you click that link, you will see your information on your current 5 year cycle for your license. Each year is broken down into Fall and Spring semester. Each box can be updated to reflect your status at that time. Below the boxes is an explanation of each status type.
3. When you have updated your status for each semester you will click on Finish at the bottom of the screen. If you need any help, or have questions about your status, contact Jennifer Diercks at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 217-893-3219.
4. If you status has changed to indicate that you are not Active, this will change your Professional Development status in the system, and you will not owe Professional Development for that time frame. If you are active for a portion of your cycle, your Professional Development will be prorated.
5. To verify the number of Professional Development hours that you owe, you will need to click on the 'Educator' tab and select Professional Development. You will then be able to view the amount of hours that you are required to complete. The Hours required will be shown in the first box. The total hours entered will change as you enter Professional Development into the system. Any hours still owed will be shown next to Hours Remaining.